Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Independent Research Project Reflections.





My topic was Chocolate. I feel I learned a great deal of not only valuable, but thought-provoking information. For instance I did not realise just how much work goes in to making this delicious treat, or how many people are hurt in the process. My sub topics were: Chocolate and the slave trade, chocolate and health, and Fair trade. For each sub topic I filtered a lot of information into small chunks of interesting facts. This is the first time I have seriously learned how to filter info, and I must tell you I was not looking forward to it. But after I went through this process I realised that it does really work and is worth the time and effort. If I were to do this project over I would change the amount of time I spent understanding project guidelines, because I feel that I had to do things a bit backwards. My partner was Jacinta, and I feel we work very well together, we always looked forward to working on this project, and that is very rare. I am happy with the outcome of my project and look forward to making a similar one in the future.

1 comment:

T. Malloff said...

Skye, this is a very thoughtful reflection. I'm glad you learned or, at the very least honed, a new skill: filtering important information. I'm thrilled that this was of benefit to your learning.